The Mancunian Way, Manchester
Client: Amey/United Utilities.
Project Description/Main Operations:
- Emergency stabilising of a large sink hole which appeared in a major dual carriageway.
- Sheet Piling and excavation of a cofferdam approx. 11m x 8m x 7m in depth.
- Construction of 6 no. segmental shafts, up to 8.50m in diameter, up to 15m in depth.
- Completion works to above, including reinforced concrete bases, benching, backdrops and precast concrete roof slabs.
- Construction of an 1800mm dia. tunnel approx. 125m in length in sandstone, by Pipejacking techniques, using a Shield-Mounted Roadheader Tunnelling Machine.
- Reconstruction of carriageway, including kerb and central reservation replacement.