United Utilities Project Completed in Nantwich
Wellington Road DG5, Nantwich
Donegan Civil Engineering have recently completed this project direct for United Utilities as part of the AMP5 programme to remove 17 properties from the DG5 flooding register. The contract consisted of upsizing both combined and surface water sewers along Wellington Road, the driveway of No.16 Wellington Road, through allotment gardens and into a playing field. A bifurcation chamber was constructed in the playing field with the spill flows being carried across the playing field to an adjacent sewer network via a storm new sewer.
This is comprised of the following:
- Approx. 115m of new 225mm diameter sewer
- Approx. 15m of new 375mm diameter sewer
- Approx. 85m of new 450mm diameter sewer
- Approx. 40mm of new 525mm diameter sewer
- Approx. 10m of new 600mm diameter sewer
- Approx. 215m of new 750mm diameter sewer
- Approx. 100m of new 1050mm diameter sewer
- 19 new manholes
- 5 existing manholes to be modified
- 1 new bifurcation chamber
- 1 new flow control chamber
The project with a value of £600k was completed on schedule in 18 weeks.